Kathryn Believes in Building from Common Ground
Productive Communities are Valuable
- Invest in roads, highways, and public transportation options to make sure Minnesota workers of all income brackets can get to work.
- Ensure our current workforce is prepared for the jobs of tomorrow through displaced worker re-training.
- Close the wage gap between both men and women, racial groups, and also between the highest and lowest paid workers.
- Support unions and ensure that they have a voice as communities and industries plan for workforce changes, like automation, so that decisions are made that benefit Minnesota workers and not CEOs.
Educated Communities are Valuable
- Support the strong public schools in our area; people move to this area because of the public schools and it is critical this continues.
- Build and protect pathways to the trades and the jobs of tomorrow.
- Lower the costs of higher education.
- Invest in STEAM and STEM education and use the work of these professions, both current and future, to inform our policy making.
- Ensure anti-bullying programs in schools are comprehensive, evidence based, and thoroughly evaluated for effectiveness.
Safe and Healthy Communities are Valuable
- Invest in evidence based interventions to battle the opioid epidemic; Kathryn is one of many people in this community who has lost a loved one to this crisis and she knows that we must get ahead of this epidemic.
- Support the Sheriff to ensure vulnerable teens and young adults do not fall victim to human trafficking and that they have easy access to resources to keep them safe and off the streets.
- Protect and support victims of domestic violence to ensure they are safe and able to rebuild their lives.
- Create age friendly communities where people of all ages are able to actively participate and contribute to make our district and our State a better place to live.
- Invest in renewable energy and protect our waterways so our kids and grandchildren inherit a beautiful and healthy Minnesota.
- Ensure that all Minnesotans have affordable and accessible healthcare.
- Support our veterans and ensure they have access to high quality care, housing, and jobs.